Risk Assurance Associate
Join us as a Risk Assurance Associate
- We’ll look to you to provide robust in-house independent assurance and validation around the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk control framework, as well as all underlying models
- You’ll be actively considering the inherent, material risks of the business and organisation
- This engaging role offers the prospect of significantly raising your professional profile through exposure to senior stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Risk Assurance Associate, you’ll be leading the delivery of a series of targeted and continuous monitoring reviews across franchises and functions, driving a consistent approach, high quality reporting and maintaining close working relationships with key stakeholders across the bank. You’ll be delivering independent challenge and assurance in respect of the credit aspects of portfolios to resolve any deficiencies and help reduce overall risk to the organisation.
Through ongoing stakeholder engagement, you’ll maintain an awareness of key franchise, product or business unit operational updates and changes as they relate to risk management and consider such in ongoing and future review work.
You’ll also be:
- Delivering presentations to key stakeholders and forums, setting out key findings, respective actions, and wider plans going forward
- Interacting with stakeholders, escalating issues and discussing appropriate remediation, including the appropriate handling of sensitive or challenging messages
- Regularly meeting with internal audit and the bank’s regulators, including the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Making sure the skills and capabilities of the team meet the needs of the bank, fulfilling all line management responsibilities including appropriate oversight to satisfy delegated authority
- Analysing risk profiles and seeking confirmation that the risks are being appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need significant experience of credit and risk assessment and a broad knowledge of credit risk counterparty types and products, as well as a strong understanding of risk management including policies, processes and procedures.
Along with strong financial and business analysis skills and a good understanding of risk issues at both counterparty and portfolio levels, you’ll need strong knowledge of risk rating models, and an excellent understanding of data collection and interpretation techniques including trend analysis.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of risk objectives and related policy framework
- Well-developed judgement in the field of credit risk management and analysis
- Significant experience of regular interaction at a senior level, and the production, presentation and communication of managerial level reports
- The proven ability to work under pressures, to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills, and the ability to maintain effective relationships at all levels