Team Lead, Development
If you can Lead and mentor the Mi Franchise application support team both technically (Oracle/.Net) and in best practice / process / procedure, the role of ‘Team Lead’ at RBS is a suitable opportunity for you. In this role, you will be contributing to design and development phases of the project delivery.
To qualify for this role, you will need hands-on experience in .NET/Oracle design & development of Enterprise Web-based applications. Knowledge of managing project deliveries in agile is also a must have for the role.
What the Business Does
CPB eFlex Technology is aimed at providing speedy solutions to immediate business needs through perfect balance of innovation and best practices required for governance. Eflex Technology is a platform to deliver technical solutions to fill the business gaps where no strategic solution is available. This is aimed to provide convenience for our customer and new growth opportunity to the Bank
As a Software Designer, you will be responsible for contributing effectively to projects by preparing and getting agreement on designs and hands-on software development. You will ensure that decisions related to your area of responsibility are taken promptly and effectively. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and mentor the Mi Franchise application support team both technically (Oracle/.Net) and in best practice / process / procedure
- Manage and maintain the Mi Franchise Kanban board
- Manage and maintain the Mi Franchise release calendar
- Investigate and resolve problems including coordinating with other teams / systems as necessary
- Ensure regular operational checks are carried out for all key systems to ensure that scheduled processes complete successfully and in a timely manner. Perform recovery actions as necessary
- Manage system incidents providing timely escalation/recovery actions and management communication
- Document all incidents and produce/contribute to the production of regular management reporting
- Create innovative solutions to complex problems
- Capacity management of Mi Franchise Platform infrastructure (Oracle DB, Web servers, Applications servers, QlikView servers)
- Create an inclusive approach to knowledge sharing across the Mi Franchise team
- Ensure release and deployment of changes for Mi Franchise adheres to Mi Franchise standards & procedures and follows best practice
- Have strong technical background in Oracle and/or .Net
- Have strong functional and technical knowledge of the Mi Franchise platform applications, standards and processes
Skills you need
- Strong functional and technical knowledge of the Mi Franchise applications, their inter-connectivity and the platform standards, processes and procedures
- Strong understanding of Oracle 11g/12c, SQL Oracle, Oracle Admin tasks
- Good understanding of Unix, Shell Scripting, Autosys, Argon & Toad
- 9+ years of experience
- Experience of ASP .Net, C# (.Net Framework)
- Experience in handling support mail boxes and support tools like ServiceNow, JIRA, SVN etc.
- Strong Knowledge of ServiceNow from the perspective of Change Management and Incident Management.
- Experience on Web Server migration and Oracle Database migration would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work out of hours and weekends
- Good customer focus and client facing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills