Senior Associate, Financial Control
This is an FTC contract for 9 Months
The role supports Document and Disclosure Reporting team within Financial Reporting functions which is responsible for managing Disclosure Reporting of the Bank to external stakeholders like PRA.
The role-holder will be responsible for delivery of accurate and correct Statutory & External Reporting by performing review of financial information populated in Supplementary Data packs which feed into the Notes to Accounts section of the Bank’s quarterly results. These disclosures mainly pertain to Fair Valuation covering Valuation Concepts, Provisions, Segmental, etc feeding into the documents.
The individual will need a basic understanding of Hyperion and metadata and logics maintained therein and be involved in activities such as performing sense checks and review of the data points that have been collected in supplementary data packs to feed into disclosures in IMS/R&A
What The Business Does
The Bank External Reporting is responsible for the review, preparation and finalisation of statutory disclosures across various reportable legal entities on a quarterly basis.
The team is also responsible for the finalisation of FINREP Reporting’s on quarterly basis across various legal entities
- Prepare Statutory Disclosure across various legal levels in compliance with IFRS
- Review of FINREP Tables and understanding regulatory adjustments in conjunction with the guidelines specified by the Regulator
- Responsibility for the delivery and integrity of monthly/quarterly financial information (balance sheet, profit and loss account and supporting data thereon)
- Responsible for ensuring that all of own work is fully compliant with the required policies and procedures, and meets KPI’s outlined
- Provide input and support process improvements using LEAN techniques, ensuring BAU and development activities are the focus of continuous improvements
- Input and contribute to the resolution of complex issues impacting the financial system including associated processing and reporting. Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues in FHI India
- Support and input into the robust analytical procedures over the balance sheet & profit and loss and flush out any errors in the financials
- Help and support the proactive identification, resolving and providing solutions to issues arising from financials produced for the division supported, using analytical and technical accounting skills
- Acquire an awareness of changes to business requirements ensuring any impacts to outputs is sufficiently assessed and appropriate changes are implemented within required timescales
The Skills That You Need
- Strong analytical skills to understand and interpret financial numbers and sound technical knowledge of IFRS GAAP for impairments, provisions and their relevant disclosures in Quarterly Results Managing and coaching team members
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skill as it involves interaction with divisional FC Teams and Chief Accountant’s Departments
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with experience preferably within the financial services industry
- Experience of working in a dynamic global environment, working to tight deadlines and managing key finance deliverables
- Experience of working in a financial control function desirable
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines as part of a team along with strong analytical skills.
- Track record of fostering strong customer relationships through delivering on commitments
- Motivated and delivery focused along with strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately
- Interface with key individuals at a peer level and above within the business unit
- Understanding and knowledge of the drivers of business performance.
- Good problem-solving skills, with proven ability to apply finance knowledge and experience to a diverse range of financial issues along with strong numeracy skills
- Qualified accountant with experience of working in the Finance environment.
- Strong technical accounting skills around IFRS and FINREP Reporting’s
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills
- Understanding of Banking business and products and how to do their accounting in compliance with IFRS .
- Working knowledge of the Group’s structure and systems an advantage
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.& Regards,