Senior Software Designer(C# & WPF)
RBS Comeback (Tech)
Join us as a Senior Software Designer and manage the development of modules and accountability of its delivery
What the Business does
This role is based in FI Desktop team within Fixed Income NatWest Markets Technology India (NWM Tech).
FI Desktop Team is aligned with NWM’s Digital Strategy and is building next generation Trader’s and Sales Desktop for the Front and Middle Office with in Fixed Income. The team is part of the change the bank initiative within the bank. And is focused on bringing efficiency not just for Customers but also for bank’s Traders and Sales Users.
As a Senior Software Designer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with global team members and users to gather requirements and implement server and client side solutions
- Build a strong understanding of the business and current set of challenges, and then come up with a design to tackle it
- Ensure that we are implementing solutions with state-of-the-art technology
- Continue to evolve solutions and products, so that they don’t become legacy with time Writing unit tests
- L3 Support for production issues on an ad-hoc basis
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- 6.5+ years of IT experience in building applications using C# & WPF, preferably having some experience in Investment Banking domain
- B.E./B.Tech./MCA/M.S./M.Tech. or equivalent
- Expert C# developer
- Excellent WPF, MVVM and multi-threading understanding
- Knowledge of Rx
- Experience and sound knowledge of n-tier architectures, service oriented and distributed Architectures
- Version control (Git, SVN)
- Knowledge of Databases (SQL Server) and ORM tools
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.