Senior Analyst, Financial Control & Reporting
The role-holder will support and enable that all financial transactions are appropriately recorded and substantiated to reflect true and fair position as per the defined Group policies/procedures and guidelines for the RBS group.
What The Business Does
The team supports Financial Control functions undertaken for RBS Group by GFS. The business is responsible for providing control of the Divisional Financial ledger through Policy setting, Control, Risk and Systems framework leading to divisional delivery of the Balance sheet and related externally disclosed Statutory information
- Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of financial ledger close in compliance with Group policies and guidelines
- To support change initiatives, process improvements and in system implementations related to own processes and applications
- Responsibility for the delivery and integrity of monthly financial information (balance sheet, profit and loss account and supporting data), Statutory & External reporting, Value added commentary / analysis for the division supported
- Month End Accounting - Journals preparation and Account Reconciliations
- To work as Financial close enforcer ,responsible for managing control and governance of month end close, late journals process and deliverables to Group.
- Provide and support input into the end to end control and ownership of divisional and legal entity balance sheets for the division supported. Support the delivery of a full substantiation and reconciliation of the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts within a controlled framework.
- Provide input and support process improvements using LEAN techniques, ensuring BAU and development activities are the focus of continuous improvements. Establish robust analytical procedures over the balance sheet & profit and loss account to build understanding of business and its key drivers and flush out any errors in the financials.
- Awareness of changes to business requirements ensuring any impacts to outputs is sufficiently assessed and appropriate changes are implemented within required timescales. Developing process maps, identifying critical paths in order create a plan and drive acceleration of the disclosure reporting process
- Maintaining the relationship with other statutory reporting locations and key stakeholders within Global Business Unit Control, EDS, MI, GFS, Group Finance and Regional CFO/Controllers. Ensure stakeholder management, supporting effective and timely delivery of the disclosure reporting and KPI reporting on performance. Also, ensure processes and procedures adhere to the appropriate policies and control environment (incl SOX) governance.
- Working as a Subject Matter Expert leading to improvements within the team and wider Divisional framework
The Skills That You Need
- Sound knowledge about financial control and accounting with a good understanding of accounting principles and techniques
- Awareness of risk and control frameworks within Finance and the ability to work with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills
- Finance professional preferably 4-5 years post qualification experience (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/MBA qualified or equivalent)
- Experience of delivery of core financial control and reporting outputs, including ledger close, balance sheet substantiation, statutory and management reporting and external audit
- Ability to identify, build and enhance key relationships at a senior level, influencing and challenging as required
- Experience of investigating and probing issues with cross-divisional and cross department impact
- A Graduate Degree like CA/ICWA/MBA Finance, with IFRS Certification, preferably
- A strong understanding of IFRS Accounting Standard, knowledge of change best practice, and experience of delivering change in the financial services industry
Critical People Capabilities
Improver Innovator – Foundation
Change Ready – Foundation +
Critical Thinker – Foundation +
Connected – Foundation +
Trusted Advisor - Foundation +
Hiring Manager: Ajit Rajput
Recruiter : Ambreen Wadera
Band : 3
Grade / Career Level / Corp Title : 4 / Senior Analyst
Please refer to the IJP policy guidelines for eligibility and the Grade/ Career-level read-across table for cross-function career level mapping. For any additional clarity on eligibility, you may reach out to the respective Resourcing PoC/ HRBP
- Why RBS?
- Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
- We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
- Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
- We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.& Regards,