Engineer - Development (Python/Java, Hive)
Join us as an Engineer-Development & be a part of a new agile development team with a compelling mission to align all Credit risk applications with Bank’s Cloud first strategy by migrating existing credit risk applications to AWS Public Cloud.
• Use the best AWS services / technologies (Spark, EMR, Glue, Python, Hive and Airflow) to efficiently develop the required features Credit Risk Data store using a new technology stack on Aws cloud.
• You’ll be joining the large Programme at an initial stage and hence would have ample opportunity to learn new design patterns, hone your technical skills and gather broader perspective of the technical landscape within the bank.
What the Business does
This role is based in the Credit Risk Solutions at Enterprise Solutions.
Key responsibilities of Credit Risk
• Advise the business on setting acceptable risk appetite
• Owns the Risk framework
• Develops tools and controls to manage risk
• Stress testing and scenario planning
• Monitor performance against risk appetite
As an Engineer-Development, your key responsibilities will include:
• Hands on development of technical components for migrating data / complex transformation logic to Aws public cloud.
• Create/Review Application / Component design, build and unit test the code; provide accurate status on deliverables and identify risks / issues & communicate; carry out Peer Reviews to ensure that quality goals are met around project deliverables.
• Understand the common Aws services, infrastructure and frameworks available for reuse and efficiently use them to deliver solutions to cloud.
• Ensure adherence to RBS Standards and Design Principles, detailed specifications and documentation; produce the design artefacts in compliance to Technology standards and requirements.
• Support implementation activities; enable technical knowledge sharing across team; work with suppliers / vendors on designated areas; transition to Production Stability and Control team; collaborate and partner with Business Analyst and Project Manager/Test Manager/Lead to understand business requirements
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
• Bachelor of Engineering ( Computer Science/ Electronics/ Information Technology) , M.Tech in Computer Science or MCA
• 2-4 years of total experience including 2 years of hands-on experience in Python/Java, Hive, Shell scripting
• Prior experience of using Airflow, EMR, Glue Catalogue, Spark, Tableau would be an added advantage.
• Ability and willingness to learn and adapt continuously in a fast-moving environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with strong analytical skills.
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.