Senior Designer-Development (Hadoop Admin)
Join us as a Sr. Designer Development, and own design and Aligned to architecture strategy team and support Big data stack admin activities including cluster configuration, management and performance optimization on AWS Cloud (EMR, S3, Hive, Glue) to build Credit Risk reporting capabilities (currently in OBIEE, Spotfire, Oracle, Informatica, SAS etc).
What the Business does
This role is based in the Credit Risk Solutions at Enterprise Solutions.
Key responsibilities of Credit Risk
• Advise the business on setting acceptable risk appetite
• Owns the Risk framework
• Develops tools and controls to manage risk
• Stress testing and scenario planning
• Monitor performance against risk appetite
As a Sr. Designer – Development, your key responsibilities will include:
• Analyse requirements, perform impact analysis, and identify technical solution. The person will be responsible for creation of High Level and low level Design and ensure the same is represented, reviewed and approved in various Technology forums.
• Create/Review Application / Component design, build and unit test the code; provide accurate status on deliverables and identify risks / issues & communicate; carry out Peer Reviews to ensure that quality goals are met around project deliverables.
• Support implementation activities; enable technical knowledge sharing across team; work with suppliers / vendors on designated areas; collaborate and partner with Business Analyst and Project Manager/Test Manager/Lead to understand business requirements.
• Support the Cloud adoption strategic decisions through pilots, improving continuous delivery, infrastructure as code and server less architecture.
• Design, develop, test, document, and optimize data integration and data quality processes for the data warehouse, operational data stores, and other systems.
• Ensure adherence to RBS Standards and Design Principles, detailed specifications and documentation; produce the designs, work with Supplier partner resources to build and implement the cloud native solution in compliant to Technology standards and requirements.
• Contribute to simplify the process in place to maximize the output; develop good knowledge level in the wholesale credit risk applications and toolsets; seek opportunities to develop and develop utilities and tool to improve productivity and efficiency; share Knowledge gained through working in specific area of the Platform among the team.
• Participate in recruitment activity (perms, contractor) needed for efficient programme delivery.
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
• Bachelor of Engineering ( Computer Science/ Electronics/ Information Technology), M.Tech in Computer Science or MCA
• Minimum 5 years of hands on Project experience as Big Data admin (Hadoop/Spark/Hive) preferably AWS Stack (EMR, S3 data lake)
• Familiarity with YARN concepts around memory management within Containers across Spark, hive user base.
• Experience in working in Bigdata Projects and well versed with troubleshooting techniques for heavy Spark based user jobs.
• Ability to design infrastructure for Development and Production environment with configurations to ensure optimal utilization of cluster.
• Ability to define progressive and regressive load model ,cluster sizing across development ,Performance Test and Production environments as per Business requirements.
• Should be able to size infrastructure considering balanced approach (optimal utilization, cost and performance)
• Good understanding in Python and Unix scripting
• Familiarity with AWS Native Services including EMR, Glue, S3, Lambda and EC2 is strongly preferred.
• Big Data Admin would be a plus.
• AWS Certifications would be a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with strong analytical skills.
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.