Tech Lead - Development (Java, ReactJS)
Join us as a Tech Lead-Development and manage development and design of complex Credit Work flow platform as Technical lead.
You will work with competitive team who are doing Monthly Agile release which consists of applications in Java, oracle and Unix scripting along with DevOps.
What the Business does
This role is based in the PRisM team at Credit Risk Solutions, Enterprise Solutions platform.
Enterprise Solutions is a part of RBS's Global Technology Services, providing a range of Technology services from Application Support, Development (Full SDLC), Infrastructure upgrades etc. to multiple divisions and function across Enterprise Solutions, Group Finance, and key divisions of the bank globally. The team has a mix of qualified IT professionals, business analysts, process engineers, subject matter experts, and professional project managers who face off to multiple key business stakeholders and provide services mainly for the benefit of internal Finance business areas.
As a Tech Lead-Development, your key responsibilities will include:
• Develop in depth understanding on existing platform database, feed files used in Prism platform
• Own and contribute to design, coding deliverables as required by the project/platform in general
• Liaise with the Business Analysts, Internal and external stakeholders to refine specifications and translate them to technical specifications.
• Organize/participate in discussion on project requirements, design and testing as required by the project programme.
• Own the design, take decisions on design options, and communicate the design to satisfaction of the technical stockholders.
• Produce system designs and code that is fit for purpose, scalable, robust, reusable and flexible
• Ensure that development complies with Technology Services operational principles.
• Review the quality of the deliverable by proactive design and code reviews
• Provide inputs to the Tech Spec/ Team Lead / Project Manager for project planning, providing robust estimates for development tasks
• Analyze various quality dimensions including performance, reliability and resilience, and design and implement improvements to meet them
• Proactively identify and report the various technical/schedule/operational issues, risks and opportunities.
• Ensure code is maintainable and coded with attention to robustness, performance, stability, scalability and testability
• Document Unit test results & Code review checklist/comments to ensure quality delivery and Audit purpose.
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies and willingness to adopt latest technology trends into the project.
• Contribute to the knowledge repository
• Stakeholder Management for day to day work
• Providing full velocity to Scrum team by being part of Self-Organized team.
• DevOps and Automation – automation of build, deployment both in non prod and prod
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
• Hands on experience of 7-10 years in Java technology – Struts, Spring, JMS, Restful Ws, ReactJS, Gradle, Ant
• Also, it’s preferred that you have knowledge on Credit risk or Market Risk.
• Expertise in ORACLE areas would be added advantage.
• DevOps tooling, Agile methodology, solutions design , SDLC, Teamcity, GIT etc
• Cloud technology and cloud infra
• Solutions design
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.