Associate Vice President, NWM Supply Chain
The role-holder will perform sourcing and supplier management for COO in Supply Chain, administer Internal Service Management framework, be a trusted advisor who will drive cost efficiency, innovation, improve service delivery and reduce 3rd party risk.
What The Business Does
Natwest Markets (NWM) is the wholesale banking division of the RBS Group with branches and trading activities located in numerous worldwide locations but principally the USA, Europe, and Asia.
Team provides services related to the management and control of transaction integrity and operational support front to back for all capital markets transactions globally. With the interconnected nature of the business activities and technology estate teams will continue to manage a mix of transactions covering business activity undertaken by both Markets and Capital Resolution.
The team is a global function centred in London with significant presence across all business regions, in particular in North America, APAC and India with both hub and onshore presence which includes multi-functional teams in business centres in the US (Stamford) and APAC (Singapore and Japan), nearshore centres in Manchester in the UK and Warsaw in Poland and offshore centres of expertise in India in Chennai and Gurugram.
- Continually review services from our Ring Fenced partners as well as internal services for NWM entities to keep the Master Service Catalogue for NWM current
- Provide business support as needed such as queries on the catalogue from internal or RFB partners
- Provider/recipient training on ClearView as needed.
- Maintain the ClearView accounts for the NWM teams and manage ongoing changes
- Track compliance of the NWM Master Service Catalogue in line with the ISM framework and external regulatory directives (OCiR and SYSC8)
- Maintain documentation in line with the NWM Internal Service Management (ISM) framework
- Work with the NWM businesses to maintain accurate and current service descriptions in ClearView
- Report on compliance in line with ISM framework and NWM policy
The Skills That You Need
- Require a Qualified Accountant/Regular MBA and/or Graduate degree
- Strong communication and stakeholder management
- Extensive experience of working under tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities
- 5+ years service management experience
- Ability to deal with all levels of personnel across organizations
- Proven ability to build, develop and engage strong relationships with stakeholders
- Proven track record of project delivery within a continuous-improvement driven environment
- Proven experience of influencing internally and externally
- Ability to work within governance to creatively solve business challenges
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Experience in creating strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Self-starter & proactive with determination and persistence to achieve goals
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload efficiently and effectively
- Creativity in problem solving and issue resolution
- Attention to detail, excellent active listening skills
- Strong presentation and document writing skills
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We'll make sure you're clear on what's expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you're capable of succeeding, and that you're motivated to do your best work. We're a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you'll do.