Senior Associate, NWM Supply Chain
The role-holder will perform sourcing and supplier management for COO in Supply Chain, administer Internal Service Management framework, be a trusted advisor who will drive cost efficiency, innovation, improve service delivery and reduce 3rd party risk.
What The Business Does
Natwest Markets (NWM) is the wholesale banking division of the RBS Group with branches and trading activities located in numerous worldwide locations but principally the USA, Europe, and Asia.
Team provides services related to the management and control of transaction integrity and operational support front to back for all capital markets transactions globally. With the interconnected nature of the business activities and technology estate teams will continue to manage a mix of transactions covering business activity undertaken by both Markets and Capital Resolution.
The team is a global function centred in London with significant presence across all business regions, in particular in North America, APAC and India with both hub and onshore presence which includes multi-functional teams in business centres in the US (Stamford) and APAC (Singapore and Japan), nearshore centres in Manchester in the UK and Warsaw in Poland, and offshore centres of expertise in India in Chennai and Gurugram.
- Gather information regarding target markets, categories and suppliers developing & utilizing best in class research tools
- Prepare 3rd party executive briefings for senior management including spend detail, ongoing initiatives and opportunities
- Maintenance of the contracts executed with 3rd parties ensuring policy adherence
- Ownership of the benefits tracking system utilized by Supply Chain Management. Preparation of monthly data and rectifying any issues
- Collecting, classifying and analyzing 3rd party spend data
- Prepare monthly/quarterly supplier review papers for internal and external use
- Assisting in regular supplier monitoring against contractual service levels and key performance indicators
- Assisting Supply Chain Management throughout the eSourcing process
- Act as a first line of support for queries regarding Supply Chain Management
- Maintain documentation in line with the NWM Internal Service Management (ISM) framework
- Work with the NWM businesses to maintain accurate and current service descriptions in ClearView
- Report on compliance in line with ISM framework and NWM policy
The Skills That You Need
- Require a Qualified Accountant/Regular MBA and/or Graduate degree
- Strong communication and stakeholder management
- Extensive experience of working under tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities
- 5 years' of strong analytical support experience ideally in a Supply Chain capacity
- Good presentation skills both verbally and in written form
- A track record of analytical success with the ability to turnaround requests in a timely manner
- The ability to work within governance to creatively solve business challenges
- Experience in operating in a fluid, fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal and partnership skills, the ability to work independently, and excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Experience in creating strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Self-starter & proactive with determination and persistence to achieve goals
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload efficiently and effectively
- Creativity in problem solving and issue resolution and attention to detail
- Excellent active listening skills, strong presentation and document writing skills
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We'll make sure you're clear on what's expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you're capable of succeeding, and that you're motivated to do your best work. We're a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you'll do.