Senior Associate, Change Management
The role-holder will be a part of Change Management which partners with COO teams, the business and senior management to deliver agreed strategic objectives and departmental targets. The team and the role-holder are responsible for implementing mandatory & regulatory changes, supporting transformation (New platforms, improving existing, connecting to back bone) improving process efficiency, and enabling the operations teams to focus on the delivery of exceptional customer service.
The individual will interact directly with stakeholders & sponsors with limited supervision and work with technology partners/suppliers to ensure deliverables for the given project/change initiatives are met to scope, time, and budget as approved by business.
What The Business Does
Change team partners with NWM COO teams, the business and senior management to deliver agreed strategic objectives and departmental targets. We are responsible for implementing mandatory/regulatory change (Brexit, FRTB, CSDR, BRRD, RFR, SWIFT SR), supporting transformation (New platforms, improving existing, connecting to back bone) and improving process efficiency, enabling the operations teams to focus on the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Work on delivery / execution of market initiatives, regulatory changes, BAU changes, strategic changes. Present the changes to operations and technology as well as MT in an easy to understand format, highlight the risks & propose solutions
- Follow the governance process around changes and ensure relevant sign offs are sought before implementation, which will need a thorough understanding of the change
- Work with technology partners/suppliers to ensure deliverables for the given project/ change initiatives are met to scope, time and budget as approved by business
- Listens to what clients say and think about things from a client’s perspective
- Build strong effective relationships with key stakeholders (BAU teams/Technology/Front Office/Finance/Operational Risk)
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of global business & ensure relationships developed with all Operating Centres & key stakeholders, and facilitates work across organisational boundaries
- Considers the implications of different scenarios and compares the risks/benefits of implementation for options/ways forward
- Complies with relevant Group Policies, testing and certifying (or considers and escalates) the adequacy and effectiveness of the business’s controls on a regular basis
- Establishes and documents (or follows and/or maintains) operating procedures which include relevant controls to meet Group and local policy requirements
- Set the tone by promoting appropriate business and risk aware behaviours and requiring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and RBS Group
The Skills That You Need
- Requires a Regular MBA and/or Graduate degree with Investment Banking Change Business Analyst/Project Manager experience
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Transformation/Change roles as a Business Analyst /Project Manager
- Understanding of the full front to back trade life cycle
- Ability to identify and document any risks or potential problems, and have a proactive approach to proposing solutions
- A good understanding of investment banking products and how an Investment Bank operates
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
- Ability to work within governance to creatively solve business challenges
- Understanding of risk and control frameworks, including process documentation, control documentation and supervisory frameworks
- Excellent responsiveness, professionalism, gravitas, diplomacy
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to build, develop and engage strong relationships with stakeholders
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We'll make sure you're clear on what's expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you're capable of succeeding, and that you're motivated to do your best work. We're a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you'll do.