Senior Designer-Development (Java, Angular JS)
Senior Designer-Development will be responsible to implement functional requirements and design software components within Supervisory Technology which is part of Natwest Markets.
What the Business does
This role is based in Conflicts Strategic Solutions (CSS) within RCS area in RFB Wholesale Solutions.
Conflicts suite of applications provide functionalities to manage conflicts of interests with employees with the bank or its customers. These applications help the bank in maintaining compliance to our regulators by preventing breaches in compliance policies.
As a Senior Designer-Development, your key responsibilities will include:
- Design robust and scalable software components.
- Ensure software deliveries are made as per agreed timelines.
- Implement defect free quality code by writing appropriate unit-tests and regression tests.
- Co-ordinate with Business to understand the functional specifications and clarify requirements.
- Perform estimation of business requirements.
- Communicate with IT and Business stakeholders based in India or London.
- Highlight risks on timely basis so that delivery is not impacted.
- Ensure project and organisation compliance.
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience with analysis and project life cycle methodologies.
- Should be a graduate from a reputed university preferably with finance related certifications.
- Proficient in developing enterprise-class applications using Java 6+ , Angular JS , HTML , CSS , Java Script, JQuery , Unix/Linux, Spring REST,MVC etc , Hibernate , JPA, Maven, ANT , PL/SQL, Tomcat, Apache
- Experience in unit testing tools like Junit.
- Experience in CI/CD tools like SVN , Teamcity etc.
- Knowledge of tools like GIT, Bitbucket , Jenkins/Ansible will be an added advantage
- Should be proficient in writing , debugging , designing PL/SQL code , SQL queries and performance tuning of SQL queries and/or procedures and functions in ORACLE database
- Should possess good understanding of database modelling. Knowledge of ORACLE database architecture will be an added advantage.
- Experience in application development , including analysing stories, designing and writing high quality code, implementing unit tests, contributing to release and iteration planning and developing the working practices of the team strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- A conceptual understanding of software development including the full project lifecycle from working on multiple substantial projects using AGILE development methodologies.
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.