Senior Analyst I, Securities
This job posting is no longer active
The role is responsible for the capturing, cleansing, reconciliation, and communication of data, and processing Corporate Action events.
What the Business Does:
The main areas of focus are around the understanding and mechanics of each event and the management of key event dates, ensuring that the process is completed accurately and in a timely manner. The team works closely with trading desks, middle office, settlements and external clients.
- Prioritise incoming events and determine whether trading-desk clients need to be advised about Coupon and Redemption details
- Reconcile stock and cash positions with respect to Coupons and Redemptions
- Answer client and trading desk queries by telephone, and e-mail
- Processing payments to external counterparts through Coupons and Redemptions
- Create and maintain an effective and efficient governance structure across Coupons and Redemptions, based on the principles of “Good Corporate Governance’’
- Clear understanding of Front-to-back process which helps analyse impacts of new initiatives. Drive Process improvement by eliminating Non-value activities
- Ensure Coupons and Redemptions deliver acceptable financial performance within acceptable risk parameters, and controlling costs by reducing manual processes
- Drive disciplined cost management and a culture of cost consciousness and operational excellence. Look at the root cause of fails and breaks, and drive new initiatives to prevent reoccurrence
- Utmost focus on prompt resolution. Achieve superior operational efficiency by driving quicker turnaround on queries raised by internal as well as external clients
- Build, safeguard and uphold the reputation of Natwest Markets across all stakeholders; investors, press, politicians, public, staff, clients, etc.
- Ensure that relationships with internal and external clients are open, transparent and in good faith
- Manage day-to-day activities within the risk appetite
The Skills You Will Need:
- 2 to 4 years of Fixed Income/Equity Corporate Action experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Market claims
- Understanding of repos and collateral
- Understanding of inter-departmental procedures
- Knowledge of taxation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels across technology teams
- Flexible with the ability to multitask
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and
exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and
our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal. We'll make sure you're clear on what's expected of you in your role,
that you have what you need so that you're capable of succeeding, and that you're motivated to do your best work. We're a place where you
can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognized for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make
choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity
employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental
capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you'll do.