Senior Analyst, Foreign Exchange & Money Makrets
This role is responsible for management of FX & MM settlement/Confirmation process by effectively working with counterparties, traders, sales people and other FX Ops teams globally, maximizing operational efficiency.
What the Business Does
Transaction Management & Operations is a global function centered in London with significant presence across all business regions, in particular in North America, APAC and India with both hub and onshore presence which includes:
- Multi-functional teams in business centers in the US (Stamford and Chicago) and APAC (Singapore and Japan)
- Near shore centers in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Manchester in the UK and Warsaw in Poland
- Offshore centers of expertise in India in Chennai and Gurugram.
As a Analyst, you will be
- Liaising closely with the Confirmations team, Investigations team, Front Office & middle office to manage BAU risk and improve client relationships.
- Control focused: To get the trades settled within the currency cut-offs
- Ensure prompt response to communications with a view of time zone impact, showing high level of skill including telephone manners & E-mail writing skills
- Build strong working relationships and a network of contacts with clients both internal and external.
- Ensure that KPI/KRI’s are met. Be familiar with all Microsoft Applications
- Should have experience of FX & derivatives products e.g.: Swaps, Hedge, Options etc.
- Look to adopt best practises and encourage others to do the same.
- Support cross training to reduce any key dependencies and enhance product and process knowledge, in and outside of the team.
- Work with team members and other teams to achieve shared business goals.
- To propose measures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
- Ensure regular communication and engagement with peers across location.
- Operate in an environment with the utmost professionalism.
The Skills You’ll Need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Strong knowledge of FX, Money Market products and market terminologies
- Strong knowledge of Settlements & Trade support.
- Thorough knowledge of the trade life cycle
- Graduate in any stream, preferably an MBA
- Minimum Experience required is 3-5 Years in same field.
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.