Lead Software Designer (C/C++)
This job posting is no longer active
The role will provide expert insights and efficient execution directly to clients, giving them choice, transparency and flexibility in their trading across asset classes, across markets. The candidate will work with London based Quant teams.
What the Business Does:
The Role is in NatWest Markets, Fixed Income Technology and will report to VP.
As Lead Software Dsigner (Quant Strategist) your key responsibilities will be:
- Management responsibility for leading the Derivatives Modelling Strat team in India.
- Building on and working both existing tools and utilities used in the creation of the library.
- Working on core library infrastructure code. (performance enhancements, ad-hoc development and bug fixes)
- Work on the build infrastructure and tooling.
- Work with a range of teams including Quant Development (India), Quant Development (London) and Quant Analytics (London) as well as senior stakeholders.
- Build a team that will take ownership of and work on project work for SAF client projects;
- Collaborate with London based teams and work closely on Cloud enablement projects and library modularisation efforts
- Quants Engineering team provides development expertise and experience for highly technical and specialist aspects of the Quant library. Particularly focusing on:
- Thread safety
- performance optimisation
- multi-core, multi-processor development
- high performance algorithms
- grid computing
- The Engineering team is responsible developing tools and systems to enhance and optimise the development environment.
- We work on performance analysis and optimisation of the library along with long term strategic re-engineering and re-factoring of the code base. Investigating and introducing new technologies and features into the library.
- Current projects include cloud enablement, containerisation and modularisation of the monolithic codebase.
- The library is cross platform and developed on Windows, Linux, 32 and 64 bit platforms. We are responsible for investigating, researching and integrating new third party libraries (e.g. MKL, nlopt) and identifying potential new areas for progress, development and change.
The skills you will need:
- Higher degree (preferably Master’s) in a Computer Science / Mathematical field.
- The leadership skills to build and run a highly effective Quant Dev team in India
- 6-10 years of expereince in programming skills C++ with Strong computer science
- Good knowledge of C++, plus VM languages (e.g. Java, C#), scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.