Associate Vice President - Product Control
To undertake complex financial / accounting issues and coach younger members of team. To support Team Leader in achieving goals of the team/department. To lead projects and process improvements initiatives as well as support Team Leader in review and challenges of team outputs.
What The Business does
Middle Office team in India provides the daily support and control of the Markets business globally. The particular teams within the TMO structure would look at a mixed variety of asset classes (including bonds, vanilla interest rate derivatives, equity derivatives, credit or options).Key support functions are Daily Profit & Loss, and Balance Sheet Substantiation for Markets globally. Trade validation, reconciliations and reporting for the Front Office. Control risk across all aspects of trade flow.
As Associate Vice President your key responsibilities will be
- Oversee calculations of statements and other financial reporting in line with business requirements,
- Work proactively with all the internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues around the process performed,
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all the results & submissions,
- Take over new processes and amend existing processes in line with business requirements,
- Work proactively with all stakeholders,
- Resolve all non-standard queries around processes performed,
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with internal and external stakeholders,
- Ensure process documentation is completed, reviewed and updated (as required),
- Identify improvements in the processes to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls,
- Assist the Middle Office team in ad-hoc queries and new business requirements as necessary.
- Ensuring that team provides accurate and timely service for specific unit whilst ensuring all outputs are validated and delivered in accordance with SLAs
- Develop an understanding of Finance Architecture changes and the impact of these on team processes
- Responsible for team’s full compliance with all internal control processes and policies eg. AYIC, Business Continuity, SOX compliance, Reconciliation Policy
- Build relationships with internal partners (various IT teams, Project teams, Product Control teams, Operations Teams)
- Ensure resourcing and adequate capacity and capability available at all times for effective delivery
- Take ownership for the performance management, talent management and succession planning for the team
- Support other team members of staff who are responsible for understanding business issues and deal with enquiries in a professional manner
- Help develop individuals’ knowledge and skills through training / coaching/ Mentoring
The Skills you will need
- Have demonstrated a proven ability to identify and resolve issues with minimum supervision
- Experience of/demonstrated ability re working and building strong business relationships in a changing and fast moving environment
- Experience of/demonstrated ability re working autonomously to prioritise workload in a time-pressured environment
- Experience of working in an environment with a strong customer focus, with experience of pro-actively working with demanding customers in a flexible manner
- Understand and able to articulate the process flow from E2E
- Manage SLA & timeliness
- Create additional analysis and reports as requested by management
- Experience in handling an escalation or work around issuesWorking knowledge of SoX control framework.
- Maintain integrity and professional standards
- Handling effective management for the performance of staff in the team
- Correct hiring - responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff
- University degree in finance/banking/economy or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant/Regular MBA
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.