Senior Designer - Testing
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Senior Designer-Testing, and manage Testing deliveries for SGL platform. Medium to high complexity functional and non-functional requirements design test cases and execute test cases assigned by the test lead within the agreed time frames. Identify testable requirements. You need to have extensive testing experience in a software organization with an in-depth understanding of testing frameworks and SDLC/STLC in an Agile Software development environment.
What the Business does
This role is based in the Finance Natwest Transformation Small Item deliveries at Risk and Finance Technology. Candidate
This role is based in the EPM & Markets Function and shall be part of SGL Platform Team. The team works closely with various Front to Back IT teams and release management functions to ensure changes move to production transparently. Finance Solutions is responsible for providing back office functions like Financial Accounting, Group Reporting, Internal and External Financial Reporting etc. This role is for a Single General Ledger which is a Sub Ledger primarily for Markets and other CPB and group systems too.
As a Senior Designer-Testing, your key responsibilities will include:
Reporting into the Test Lead / Manager, the person will be responsible for the following:
• Demonstrating clear technical understanding of the module / functionality.
• Providing accurate effort estimations (manual & automation) by understanding technical specifications for the assigned module.
• Ensuring maximum test coverage through smart and repeatable test cases as per the requirements.
• Participating in test case review sessions and executing medium to high complex test cases
• Taking ownership for one area / module / functionally to get it tested completely
• Ensuring that testing process and tools are used while testing the system from functional as well as non-functional perspective against agreed specifications
• Enhancing /updating the test cases and keeping them up to date
• Identifying and reporting bugs through the agreed process and tool. Attaching all necessary artefacts to the defects like test data, screen shots etc
• Follow up defects for faster closure
• Ensuring that the traceability matrix is updated for the project / deliverable proactively
• Planning daily tasks with little oversight from the test lead / manager
• Ensuring that system level test metrics are captured and same is discussed with team lead for broader analysis
• Pulling out execution report, defect report as necessary from the prescribed tool and shares result with the Test Leads/Test Managers
• Helping in creating a Test Plan for the assigned area of work
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
• 6 to 8 years of experience in Testing.
• Experience in writing detailed, structured test scripts using best practice design principles
• Exposure to test management and automation tools, such as Quality Centre, Quick Test Pro etc.
• Advanced SQL skills
• Experience of manual and database testing throughout full development lifecycle
• Financial Services background preferred
• Experience leading a team of test engineers
• Good skills in MS-Office, in particular working with macros
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.