Tech Lead - Testing
If your expertise lies in Software Validation and related planning and implementation activities, a position as Functional / Automation Test Lead is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and implementation of Function and Automation framework and testing activities and the services behind these.
To qualify for this role, you need to have experience and expertise in Testing SDLC through agile practices, participate in daily stand-ups, retrospectives and planning meetings.
What the Business Does
Drive, manage various test automation activities across test lifecycle on mobile banking & digital platform releases.
Key duties include the defining and building industry leading automation framework for mobile applications, API test automation. Ability to architect parts of the automation framework and make enhancement to the exiting Framework. Develop new library and update existing libraries to support new features and platforms
Ability to work with various test teams to understand testing needs, constraints and provide solution via automated testing approach. Ability to multi-task, work collaboratively with all key test and other engineering leads in the delivery process. The ability to work autonomously, assertively dynamically and pro-actively to identify issues related quality, requirements and test execution progress.
Plans, organises, leads and work collaboratively in order to deliver required automated test framework and scripts within agreed timescales.
Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with a track-record of leading / working with highly effective test teams & being effective team player.
Enable, participate and drive a culture of continuous improvement within the Test community of the Mobile / digital platform.
Ideally would have experience in delivering multiple automated testing programmes especially with clear focus on mobile applications, API based automated testing of enterprise platforms using tools such as Appium, JBehave, Jenkins, SoapUI, Restful, JMeter, Fiddler , JIRA & Zephyr
Has a thorough understanding of state-of-the-art test automation approaches for an agile as well as cloud based environment.
Must have an excellent understanding of Digital / Mobile technologies and best practices for testing complex mobile apps and enterprise level mobile payments platform.
This role is based in the Digital & Channels team at DES reporting to Test Manager.
Project Delivery & Test Leadership
- Accountable to the Mobile Platform Test Manager for testing
- Good understanding on project & test governance policies, standards
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automation testing, including the creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts using a Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach.
- Source, Analyse and recommend the appropriate tools to meet the automation testing requirements
Test Planning, Analysis &Management
- Define, review, enhance test automation framework to keep it relevant and aligned with industry standard practices
- Work closely with test and dev team for test automation scope and automation script development.
- Drive and contribute to overall automated test road map
- REST API, web applications and Mobile apps based automation experience
- Identify test data and environment set up requirement and liaise with relevant teams for it’s availability during testing.
- Plan for utilising automated test suite into continuous integration (CI) initiatives.
- Enable, initiate continuous improvement opportunities around test throughput improvement, reusable test assets and explore new tools and techniques
Test execution , Controlling & Governance
- Supervise, manage test automation engineers for test development, execution, defect identification and logging
- Involve personally in defining test automation roadmap, framework and other key components
- Liaise with the necessary people e.g. Product Owners, Application Management, 3rd Party specialists, Analysts, Designers end users and Business Specialists etc. over all aspects of automation testing.
- Generate relevant test progress report and inform programme stakeholders on the progress.
- Support manual test team where needed with focussed automated test
- Ensure compliance with programme governance policies, standards.
Skills you need
- Good understanding of the full software project lifecycle.
- Test automation planning and execution on range of software products (mobile, web services)
- Testing SOAP and REST API web services
- Experience of developing automated tests for native Apps on one or more of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Windows platforms.
- Test progress reporting, defect triaging and defect pattern analysis
- Experienced with automation tools (such as Appium, JBehave, Jenkins, SoapUI, Restful, JMeter, Fiddler, Spec flow, JIRA & Zephyr).
- Planning, design and implementation of test automation throughout the lifecycle; able to demonstrate results in reducing manual testing effort
- Familiar with Continuous integration and testing methodologies
- Collaborative testing techniques (TDD / BDD / Agile) and using related tools (Cucumber / spec flow, JBehave).
- Risk based test planning, effort estimation & execution within the context of software programmes.
- Must hold a Testing Qualification (ISEB, ISTQB) or the equivalent gained through practical experience.
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.