Senior Associate,Fixed Income Settlements
The Senior Associate, Fixed Income Settlements, IOC .
As a Senior Associate, Fixed Income Settlements, your key responsibilities will be:
- Supervise and perform day-to-day activities/task in the process. It also involves taking full responsibility of the confirmation, pre-matching, settlement and position movement across the custodian.
- To prioritize and follow procedures. Reconcile stock and cash positions with regard to the Fixed Income Settlement
- Governance: Create an effective and efficient governance structure across equity settlements based on “Good Corporate Governance”
- Culture: A clear understanding of the process involved in analyzing impact of any new initiatives
- Customer Delivery: Focus on prompt resolution and achieving superior operational efficiency with a quicker turnaround on queries.
- Reputation and Regulatory Relations: Ensure all relationships with external and internal clients are open and transparent.
- Risk Appetite and Business Quality: Understand the set risk appetite and ensure business is conducted within it. Risk appetite should include credit risk, conduct risk, operational risk management, market risk management, reputational risk, compliance, AML/KYC and business continuity management
- Operating Disciplines and Controls: Must be aware of operations, controls, risk assessments and assurance programmes, monitoring of risk and controls to identify.
- Risk Culture: Practice appropriate business and risk behaviors and requiring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and RBS Group policies
- Business Continuity: Ensure awareness of Business Continuity plans maintained and tested for fixed income
The skills you will need:
- Graduate with a degree in MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in related industry with 5 years in Confirmations/Settlement profile
- Setting clear goals, internal controls, managing risk, improvement, business efficiency and effectiveness are key skills
- Effective negotiating skills with a penchant for problem solving and organization
- The ability to prioritise and work with fixed income confirmation and settlements
- Market confirmation, settlement and allocation knowledge along with an understanding of repos and collateral
- Astute tax knowledge and an understanding of the inter-departmental procedures
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Setting measurable financial goals and deliverables
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.