Senior Analyst , Coupons & Redemption
The Senior Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day activities/task in the process, which involves - the capture, data cleansing, reconciliation, and processing of Fixed Income Coupon and Redemptions.
What the Business Does:
The main areas of focus are around the understanding and mechanics of each event and the management of key event dates, ensuring the process is completed accurately and in a timely manner. The team works closely with trading desks, middle office, settlements and external clients. The Role is in SFNM/Fixed Income Coupons and Redemptions and will report to the AVP
- Create and maintain an effective and efficient governance structure across Equity Settlements, based on the principles of “Good Corporate Governance’’.
- Clear understanding of Front to back process, which could help analyse impact of new initiative. Drive Process improvement by eliminating Non-value add activities
- Ensure Asset Servicing delivers acceptable financial performance within acceptable risk parameters controlling costs by reducing manual processes.
- The individual will need to look at the root cause of Fails, breaks and drive through new initiatives to prevent reoccurrence.
- Achieving superior operational efficiency by driving quicker turnaround on queries raised by internal as well as external clients
- Build, safeguard and uphold the reputation of RBS Group across all stakeholders: investors, press, politicians, public, staff, clients, etc.
- Ensure relationships with internal and external clients are open, transparent and in good faith
- Understand the set risk appetite and ensure business is conducted within it. Risk appetite should include credit risk, conduct risk, operational risk management, market risk management, reputational risk, compliance, AML/KYC and business continuity management
- Ensure awareness of Business Continuity plans maintained and tested for fixed income
- Comply with HR performance process by understanding and accepting objectives and actively participating in self mid/full year performance reviews
- Regularly upgrade your knowledge and skills via learning available through the M&IB Technology Academy portal.
- Ensure relationships with other internal clients are open, transparent & in good faith and that the deliveries are on time and with meet required quality.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Fixed Income Equity Corporate Action experience and knowledge
- Knowledge on Market settlement, Market Claims, Coupons and Redemption Knowledge
- Understanding of repos and collateral
- Understanding of Inter-departmental procedures
- Tax knowledge
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.