Senior Analyst - Production Management (Oracle E-Business Suite)
Join us as a Senior Analyst - Production Mgmt and manage the Production function for the new RBS General Ledger (RGL) that brings together financial information from the RBS groups various legal entities into a single comprehensive financial management solution.
RGL when fully deployed will take in over a hundred data feeds on a daily basis and deliver to the business a highly automated and customisable solution on an industry recognised Oracle E-Business Suite platform.
What the Business does
This role is based in the Finance Accounting Solutions Production Management team within Enterprise Solutions department and shall be part of the OCM (Oracle Cost Management) & RGL Support Team. The team work closely with various project and release management functions to ensure changes move to production transparently. We also adopt many aspects of ITIL best practice in one of our key critical roles in keeping the RGL & OCM services running for our business stakeholders and other users. We are a global support team with a presence in multiple sites across the UK and India.
Enterprise Solutions is responsible for providing back office functions like Financial Accounting, Group Reporting, Internal and External Financial Reporting etc.
As a Senior Analyst - Production Mgmt, your key responsibilities will include:
• Ensure availability of applications to meet Service Level Agreements, using the various tools and methodologies available, both reacting to unplanned events and taking a proactive approach to consistently improve customer service through the applications being supported.
• Middleware/EBS Support that requires flexibility to work in shifts and weekends. Whilst we fully support and encourage a healthy work-life balance in our staff, we also run a service that needs to be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The successful applicant in this role will need to demonstrate a willingness to occasionally work a different pattern to normal office hours.
• To ensure applications are fully compliant by adhering to processes and security compliance as mandated by standards.
• To develop automation tools reducing manual efforts, thereby increasing the capacity of the team to take on additional services.
• Drive continuous improvements of existing processes and procedures in the area of specialist knowledge and demonstrate best practices, including detailed analysis and diagnosis of reoccurring platform and service incidents, identifying remediation work packages to feed into platform.
• Collaborate with and influence colleagues and stakeholders across RBS and third party suppliers on the proposed area of specialist knowledge service, ensuring timely delivery of solution which supports the business.
• Contribute to ensuring that controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX controls to ensure full compliance to all RBS policies and Regulatory obligations. Drive all remediation of SOX controls to completion when required
• Manage system incidents providing timely escalation/recovery actions and management communication.
• You will need to be a expert in conducting/documenting Post incident review activities and should have been experience in Problem management governance.
• Stakeholder management and escalation handling is a key to this role.
• You will also will need to manage a team of people and will need work collaboratively with a global team.
• Support the RGL/OCM Business on functional issues and work collaboratively with other technical and business areas to minimise business impacts.
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
• A qualification from an Engineering College (B.E. / B.Tech.) , MCA (honours/ 1st class)
• Team Management, Leadership skills, Influencing/Motivation skills
• 7-9 years of total experience with 4-5 years on Oracle E-Business Suite, SOA and ODI components
• Desirable to have practical support experience of working with Oracle, SQL, PL SQL and UNIX components. The expectation is to be hands-on in these technologies.
• Competent at investigating and resolving performance issues
• Excellent Communication (written and spoken English)
• Willingness to work in shifts and weekends on rotation
• Exposure to Finance and Accounting shall be an added advantage
• Exposure to DEVOPS and CLOUD technology practices will be an added advantage.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.