Join us as a Designer-Development, and manage technical delivery working directly with Tech Lead in jointly owning and implementing key projects within Enterprise Wide Risk, which is a part of wider Reporting solutions stream under Risk & Finance solutions.
What the Business does
This role is based in the Enterprise Wide Risk at Risk & Finance Solutions.
Risk and Finance Solutions are responsible for delivering business consistency across both Risk and Finance; Reporting, Data, BI into a single domain while optimising common functions across Risk and Finance Solutions. Our aim is to focus on innovation; leveraging disruptive technologies and becoming a disruptive partner.
Enterprise Wide Risk (EWR) takes a bank-wide view of risks and controls to ensure a robust and consistent approach to risk management is applied across the bank. We provide the foundations on which the bank manages risk via key frameworks and policies, we seek to identify and provide oversight of current and future risks to the banks strategy and provide specialist insights and tools to manage risks across the bank. Our bank-wide risk management capabilities are key area in delivering a strong and sustainable bank for our customers, staff and other stakeholders
As a Designer-Development, your key responsibilities will include:
• Develop new and improve existing reports and data interfaces using SAS.
• You will also be responsible for converting existing SAS code into high quality SAS code that is efficient (fast), automated, maintainable, and follows industry best practices.
• You are expected to mentor colleagues and be proactive in developing colleague skill sets to have a better understanding of SAS coding, information maps, stored processes, web reports, and SAS administration.
• Assist with SAS administration including performance tuning and scheduling programs.
• Assist with migrating SAS 9.2 to SAS 9.4
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
• 5-7 years of SAS experience developing, configuring, and administering SAS solutions.
• Strong experience with installation, configuration, and administration of SAS 9.1.3 or higher.
• Experience with scheduling with LSF Platform Suite built into SAS.
• Strong experience with SAS BI Server.
• Knowledge of migrating SAS 9.1.3 to SAS 9.3, including web report studio.
• Must be knowledgeable of best practices using SAS (enterprise guide, stored processes, information maps, and web reports studio).
• Strong DWH concepts & SQL experience.
• Experience with performance tuning SAS servers, troubleshooting, and automation of SAS jobs and code.
• Good ETL knowledge and proficiency in any one ETL tool along with any scripting language.
• Knowledge of Base SAS/ Advanced SAS/ SAS Macros.
• Knowledge on ETL (SAS DI Studio), SQL, SAS VA, SAS WRS.
Supplementary Experience: (Good to have)
• Must have strong technical and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Exposure to Big Data technologies.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.