Associate, Regulatory Resilience
The primary responsibility of this role is to control a number of regulations for NatWest Markets Plc (‘NWM Plc’) and NatWest Markets NV, which are designed to protect clients in the event of insolvency. These regulations include the FCA Client Assets and Money (‘CASS’) rules, the PRA European Deposit Guarantee Scheme Directive (‘EDGSD’), the Deposit Guarantee Scheme DGS [NWM NV] and the PRA Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (‘BRRD’).
The Regulatory Resilience team’s activities involve design, delivery and ongoing oversight of the regulations within its purview.
What the Business Does:
The Role is in NatWest Markets - COO and will report to the Team Manager
As Associate your key responsibilities will be:
- This role is a specialist role within the Regulatory Resilience team primarily focusing on technical support for day to day BAU activities for each of the in scope regulations, often negotiating low levels of detail.
- Experience in delivering to tight deadlines is key as is the ability to clearly articulate identified issues which might impact delivery and proposals for remediation.
- Work undertaken by the individual will receive independent scrutiny so must adhere to the highest levels of probity.
- Support with the embedment of detective and preventative controls into operational processes and procedures, to maintain ongoing regulatory compliance;
- Support of a ‘Quality Assurance Framework’ to ensure the ongoing effectiveness and adequacy of operational controls;
- Facilitation of governance meetings, including the production of MI and minutes;
- Support engagement with internal / external auditors and regulators;
- Maintenance of Regulatory manuals and Risk & Control Self-Assessment;
The skills you will need:
- Regulatory experience, with a preference for a working knowledge of the CASS, EDGSD and BRRD regulations [CASS/EDGS/BRRD regulatory experience is desirable but not essential];
- Understanding of Operational Risk and Control Frameworks;
- Ability to work closely with colleagues, interface with Business Partners and influence at all levels;
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint;
- Strong customer focus & business analysis skills.
- Problem solving, conflict resolution & influencing skills.
- Capability of thinking Outside The Box with a view to improve processes
- Project Management accreditation e.g. Prince2 & knowledge and exposure to accelerated change management techniques would be an added advantage
- Require a Qualified Accountant/Regular MBA and/or Graduate degree with Basic Banking & accounting knowledge
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.