Associate, Financial Reporting
Join us as an Associate-Financial Reporting, Global Financial Services. The role supports Financial Control functions undertaken for RBS Group by GFS. Responsible for providing control of the Divisional Financial ledger through Policy setting, Control, Risk and Systems framework leading to divisional delivery of the Balance sheet and related externally disclosed Statutory information.
What the Business Does
This role is based in Gurugram at Global Financial Services division reporting to the Associate Vice President. As specialist in this field you are responsible to support and enable that all financial transactions are appropriately recorded and substantiated to reflect true and fair position as per the defined Group policies / procedures and guidelines for the RBS group. Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of financial ledger close in compliance with Group policies and guidelines. To support change initiatives, process improvements and in system implementations related to own processes and applications.
As an Associate, your responsibilities will require you to:
- Responsibility for the delivery and integrity of monthly financial information (balance sheet, profit and loss account and supporting data), Statutory & External reporting, Value added commentary / analysis for the division supported
- Central production of technical Supplementary Data Packs (SDPs) and reconciliation of supplementary data to core reporting lines on the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Conducting division and legal entity SDP preparation for timely and accurate delivery of financial information to the group.
- Provide input and support process improvements using LEAN techniques, ensuring BAU and development activities are the focus of continuous improvements
- Establish robust analytical procedures over the balance sheet & profit and loss account to build understanding of business and its key drivers and flush out any errors in the financials.
- Awareness of changes to business requirements ensuring any impacts to outputs is sufficiently assessed and appropriate changes are implemented within required timescales.
- Developing process maps, identifying critical paths in order create a plan and drive acceleration of the disclosure reporting process
- Maintaining the relationship with other statutory reporting locations and key stakeholders within Global Business Unit Control, EDS, MI, GFS, Group Finance and Regional CFO/Controllers.
- Stakeholder management, supporting effective and timely delivery of the disclosure reporting and KPI reporting on performance.
- Ensure processes and procedures adhere to the appropriate policies and control environment (incl SOX) governance
- Working as a Subject Matter Expert leading to improvements within the team and wider Divisional framework
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the required policies and procedures, and meets KPI’s outlined
- Support organization strategic imperatives like – culture, people development etc. by participation or leading the programme as programme SPOC and specialist
- Ad hoc change initiatives and project management
Skills You Need
- Finance professional CA/ICWA/MBA preferably with 4-5 years post qualification experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products, particularly MS Excel
- Strong technical accounting skills with experience of Financial Control an advantage.
- A strong understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Understanding of Banking business and products an advantage.
- Knowledge of change best practice and experience of delivering change in the financial services industry.
- Sound analytical and mathematical skills, with Financial Controls knowledge and experience
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services, and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service, and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.