The role will manage and develop the new Digital Platform for use across RBS. This role will also be involved in establishing standards and best practices for UI development for various delivery teams.
What the Business Does:
Digital & Engineering Services (DES) is a key part of RBS organization to deliver the capabilities, technologies and services that are transforming the way RBS serves its customers. The key capabilities and products include Digital Channels, API enabler, Security Enabler and DevOps.
The Role is in Digital Channels, Digital & Engineering Services and will report to Tech Spec UI
As Tech Lead UI your key responsibilities will be:
- Analysis, design, code reviews, task estimation, meeting timelines, testing, mentoring, taking part in recruitment activities, code implementations, participates in stakeholder communication.
- To ensure consistency of technology usage across a programme, by continuously reviewing existing toolsets and code, suggesting re-use of components and ensuring the design of new components allows for potential reuse.
- To ensure decisions related to own area of responsibility are taken promptly and effectively while displaying a mature understanding of commercial awareness.
- Liaising on a regular basis with all relevant Program/project representative
The skills you will need:
- At least 8 years of experience in web development and have varied portfolio of work to show for it
- Experience designing interfaces for complex data rich applications for use in high performance environments
- Excellent knowledge of the wide range of issues that affect client side development such as cross-browser issues, search engine optimisation, usability, web standards
- Leading edge knowledge in emerging technologies
- Proven track record of successfully designing web as well as desktop application interfaces
- Expert knowledge of OOJS, ES6 and standards compliant HTML 5 APIs, CSS2/3
- Experience with Modular JS and JS Design Patterns
- Deep understanding of both progressive enhancement and AJAX-based single page application build using MVVM and/or MVC based frameworks
- Experience with working with RESTful or SOAP based web services, JSON/ XML etc.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability, debugging etc.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services, and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service, and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.