Team Manager II-Trade & Transaction Reporting
The role exists to provide oversight of the T&TR Investigations and Assurance team in India, who are responsible for a variety of tasks to support the Global T&TR function’s Reconciliations, Assurance Testing and Investigation – helping to support the completeness and accuracy of reporting and driving remedial activities
What the Business Does:
The Role is in NWM COO and reports to Head – Trade and transaction reporting India
As Vice President – Trade & Transaction Reporting (Assurance) – Grade 8 your key responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of the India based T&TR Investigations and Assurance team, including People Management activities.
- Support and drive the creation of a robust control framework through investigations of issues, reconciliations and assurance testing;
- Identification and investigation of reporting discrepancies through discussions with Middle Office, Operations, IT, Compliance and other key stakeholders in order to document findings.
- Act upon any breaches in regulatory requirements as soon as possible, escalating as appropriate and taking remedial action. Develop a read-across approach and undertake read-across reviews.
- Analyse and monitor the bank's risk profile for Trade & Transaction Reporting and ensure that risks are being managed to the desired level (Risk Appetite)
- Provide expert support and advice to the business on Trade & Transaction Reporting, also providing senior executive with relevant management information and reports and escalating concerns where appropriate
- Support the development of clear procedures and controls to ensure that transaction reporting is undertaken in line with regulatory requirements. Oversee the associated RACA and control testing programme.
- Own, manage and supervise the risks in the business area, ensuring mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within defined risk appetite.
The skills you will need:
- Require a Qualified Accountant/Regular MBA and/or Graduate degree with Banking and regulatory reporting experience
- Good understanding of Trade and Transaction Reporting requirements, including specialist knowledge for at least one regulation / asset class
- Good understanding of front to back trade booking processes in order to be able to assess reporting breaches
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experienced in a Transaction Reporting environment, with a track record of identification of reporting breaches
RBS doesn't just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay
package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional
developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of
development and learning programs, services, and support designed to
help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your
heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken
care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24
million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet
their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's
number-one bank for customer trust, service, and advocacy by 2020. Our
global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by
common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank
functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK
customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.